• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Interview Marty about his signature guitar and pickups

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Thanks for sharing Ids! It was a short but definitely interesting read. Marty's point about EMG's is something I definitely agree with and it's why I don't care for them too much. You can just about always pick out the EMG active users in a group of songs if you know what you're looking for. Glad to see him make the move to passives!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Nothing really new tbh. That argument always comes in when talking about active vs passive or specificly EMGs. I think both can have their strenghts and their area of use. I can't do much wrong using EMGs and you'll get a great sound for metal. On the other hand you have the dynamics of passive pickups but they need to be made well in order to be that sensitive to your playing. Also it might be harder to get a tight aggressive sound out of a not active pickup. But not impossible for sure.