• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Drag to reposition cover

New School Launches!

Aaron Kanapesky

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I am new to the site....Have always loved A7X, and mostly taught myself to play growing up playing open mic nights with some rock and rollers...... In the quick growth, I taught myself some bad habits ( could be considered unique lol ), but I am SUPER impressed with the first lesson. Really amazing work here, thank you so much...Despite playing for 14 or so years, I am excited to re-learn the basics.

Atlas

New Student
Feb 19, 2020
idk how to put this out and not sound gay but dude i fucking love u so much
there are two metal musicians that i totally adore which are James Hettfield and YOU MAN
i am two years into playing but i love u and ur shit in totality, you are just amazing being u sorry for fanboying so hard here but i just had to apply here to tell u this, i hope u see this and get a smile in ur day man <3 !

J

Jak Angelescu

idk how to put this out and not sound gay but dude i fucking love u so much
there are two metal musicians that i totally adore which are James Hettfield and YOU MAN
i am two years into playing but i love u and ur shit in totality, you are just amazing being u sorry for fanboying so hard here but i just had to apply here to tell u this, i hope u see this and get a smile in ur day man <3 !

You can tell another man you love him without feeling like it makes you sound gay. Believe me it's ok🙂 he loves seeing things like this!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rottenrob

New Student
Apr 4, 2020
Hey sinister. I have a mutual friend Joey Rox I grew up in Huntington Beach at Brookhurst and Adams. Been a fan ever since you guys started out before yard mainstream album. Went to Ocean View High School because my grandfather work for Warner Brothers their art teacher was a major in art otherwise I would have been in Huntington Beach High School. I miss being down there. I love your music would love to learn guitar work from you.

Fahol

Free Bird Player
Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone, I am very new here, and of course, a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold, and I allways likcked the way Synyster play and thoes scale and arpegios he use.. and the "melody feeling" he got in general ! (That pushed me since.. years to progress). So first, a big big thank you for this school, i find it really awesome and full of willing to develop thechnique for students.

I have a litle question (I hope am at the good place to land it); I currently study the Alternate Picking Overview – Lesson 73 , and doing the exercice, i was wondering when should i release my first finger? Should I keep it during the whole time when i do(G string) 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 (b c c# d c# c b ) ?

Thank you !

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Aylesbury, England
Hello everyone, I am very new here, and of course, a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold, and I allways likcked the way Synyster play and thoes scale and arpegios he use.. and the "melody feeling" he got in general ! (That pushed me since.. years to progress). So first, a big big thank you for this school, i find it really awesome and full of willing to develop thechnique for students.

I have a litle question (I hope am at the good place to land it); I currently study the Alternate Picking Overview – Lesson 73 , and doing the exercice, i was wondering when should i release my first finger? Should I keep it during the whole time when i do(G string) 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 (b c c# d c# c b ) ?

Thank you !
Hi! It’s great to have you on here!

Personally I keep my index finger down until I move to the next string, as if play another note you won’t here it, just make sure it doesn’t ring out at any point when moving to the next note. But overall I would say that’s personal preference,

Reactions: Fahol

Fahol

Free Bird Player
Apr 11, 2020
Hi! It’s great to have you on here!

Personally I keep my index finger down until I move to the next string, as if play another note you won’t here it, just make sure it doesn’t ring out at any point when moving to the next note. But overall I would say that’s personal preference,

Thanks Ethan!

Same for me, i also keep it.. was just wondering if i should work on anticipation, but you right, it's a presonal preference, and feeling while playing I guess

Reactions: Ethan Keeling

Balázs Baranyai

Garage band Groupie
Apr 5, 2020
What's up $ynners?! We all appreciate how patient you have been while the team has worked diligently to bring you this new and improved school. Of course, there are DOZENS of new features to improve your learning experience. Feel free to snoop around, poke around and explore. If you have any questions please drop a comment below! I'll be doing a tutorial on the new website very soon!
Also, please stay tuned for the badass blues series by Papa Gates!
Hey! First I want to thank everybody who worked in this site - especially Syn and Papa Gates. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I have a question too: how can I "do" the lessons. I mean I watch one video and I'm "done" with it - but the system not put there a sign or anything. It's strange to me a little bit. Just saying.

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J

Jak Angelescu

Hey! First I want to thank everybody who worked in this site - especially Syn and Papa Gates. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I have a question too: how can I "do" the lessons. I mean I watch one video and I'm "done" with it - but the system not put there a sign or anything. It's strange to me a little bit. Just saying.
There is actually! On the right side of the screen you will see a small tabs that says mark lesson as complete. On the desktop version, you can also see on the right side what lessons you have completed and what lessons you have active

Balázs Baranyai

Garage band Groupie
Apr 5, 2020
There is actually! On the right side of the screen you will see a small tabs that says mark lesson as complete. On the desktop version, you can also see on the right side what lessons you have completed and what lessons you have active
Got it! I had to scroll down, I did't see it immediately. It was a bit like an ad or something - I suggest to put it higher if it's possible so everyone can see it. Thank you for your help!

Alex004

New Student
Mar 27, 2020
I just want to say thank you to Synyster Gates, Papa Gates, and everyone else who contributed to making this community! I've been a hardcore Avenged Sevenfold fan through every year of high school and now into the adult world, and didn't even realize this was a thing until recently!! If it weren't for amazing guitar idols like John 5 and Syn, I never would've had the drive to learn guitar, so thank you again for all the effort you've put into this site🙏🙏🙏
Your good fan,
Alex

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Uzayr

New Student
May 2, 2020
Hi syn. I really really hope to fast hand like you when playing guitar. I hope this opportunity can teach me in advance how to be professional like you. I hope you read my reply and you can teach me how to be professional like you. By the way im from Malaysia and truly you are my idol. Thank you