• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Solo challenge?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I'm down but ideally isnt this the improv challenge too? Improv is all about solo writing. So let me ask you this instead. Would you rather make it up on the spot.. or have a challenge where you plan out the solo? I don't think we need both challenges. So let's instead just see what everyone wants to do and do that. Having both just seems silly to me.

Also there's no rule in saying you cant improv the solo here anyways. I'm down for doing both too just seems one is gonna get phased out anyways cause no one is gonna wanna do both unless they have all the time to.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I'm down but ideally isnt this the improv challenge too? Improv is all about solo writing. So let me ask you this instead. Would you rather make it up on the spot.. or have a challenge where you plan out the solo? I don't think we need both challenges. So let's instead just see what everyone wants to do and do that. Having both just seems silly to me.

Also there's no rule in saying you cant improv the solo here anyways. I'm down for doing both too just seems one is gonna get phased out anyways cause no one is gonna wanna do both unless they have all the time to.
The improv challenge is improvising over a backingtrack. This is the same as the riff challenge so you actually have to learn to solo note for note instead of Improvising

Reactions: Lindsey

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Are you making up the solo are playing someone elses? Cause if your writing it then everyone is gonna spend their time writing the solo is what I'm saying. If you're playing someone elses solo then I would rather pass.
The idea is that you learn a solo from an artist and someone else challenges you to learn that particular solo. There's no writing involved whatsoever(just learning and studying it)

Reactions: Lindsey

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Do you mean the part starting at 2 minutes? I've done the rest of the song with the riff challenge.
I can't get the same sound, it's listed as keyboard, or play the original speed but I can give it a try.
Oops I'm more familiar with this version and there it sounds more like a guitar with a wah-wah pedal
You can also try the solo in L.A. connection by Rainbow if you want