• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The One Month Challenge

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I'm gonna try to work on Eruption from EVH. I said I was going to practice it again and I didn't. Was at 40% at the time, I have the tapping and descending part stuck in my head. It was one of the first things I tried to learn when I got my first electric guitar. I moved on fast cause it looked so hard and had so many notes, fast too. I tried the tapping part back then. This time around I had lot's of trouble on the fast bending parts especially and probably had less good technique/approach to the tab. I'll post a video after I practice it for today.
    Awesome! Kinda the Same with my Challenge. Tried the Stage Intro before but thought I couldn't make it. Now I am Back at it again.

Great to have you on board on this Challenge 🤘

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
    Apr 18, 2020
    Cologne, Germany
    Aaaaaaah I don't know what I want to doooooo 😂
    Depends want kind of project you want... If you want a full song, maybe Nothing Else Matters could be up your ally? It would be a great opportunity to learn a little finger picking (it was for me).

If you want just a solo, maybe something like the first solo of November Rain?

It is not about being perfect after a month, it is about seeing progress, so anything should work that seems just a bit challenging for now 😁.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Depends want kind of project you want... If you want a full song, maybe Nothing Else Matters could be up your ally? It would be a great opportunity to learn a little finger picking (it was for me).

It is not about being perfect after a month, it is about seeing progress, so anything should work that seems just a bit challenging for now 😁.
    Good Tips!! #whatchrissaid

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I got like three cuts on my fret hand fingers from the other day, it's the reason why I haven't posted my first video yet. Not sure if it was from cleaning bird poop or Eruption. Only did the first few bars. Worked on some other things today not only music related, well kind of is.
    I fell out of the habit of recording my playing which is not so good. Got some other things I want to share but not sure how to present it yet. :skull:

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy

Nice recommendations!! I think I really want to do a rhythm part, so I'll brainstorm some songs I would like to try and then I'll pick one..and Nothing Else Matters will be on the list 😁

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nice recommendations!! I think I really want to do a rhythm part, so I'll brainstorm some songs I would like to try and then I'll pick one..and Nothing Else Matters will be on the list 😁
    My suggestion is for whom the bell tolls from metallica, i learned it in my first year guitar playing, lots of fun riffs

Or american idiot, greenday or enter sandman metallica

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Is it ok if I interpreted this challenge as an 'I want to be able to play this within a month' type of challenge?

I do have a couple songs I want to work on but I'm not sure It's something that will really take me a month so I figured I could also take this challenge as 'I want to be able to play these 5 songs by the end of the month' kind of thing 😅

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Is it ok if I interpreted this challenge as an 'I want to be able to play this within a month' type of challenge?

I do have a couple songs I want to work on but I'm not sure It's something that will really take me a month so I figured I could also take this challenge as 'I want to be able to play these 5 songs by the end of the month' kind of thing 😅
    Well sure! Whatever you feel like you want as a challenge

G

Gemma G.S.

Yasssss I'm totally gonna do this, too! I think I'll just see how my picking speed improves, rather than work on any particular song? It already felt like it improved when I was doing exercises last night, so I bet I'd see way more improvement after a whole month of working at it!

Either that, or I'll see if I can learn the rest of Shepherd of Fire. 😊 I'll have to think about it, but I'll definitely participate!