• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A Big Collab (Lets do this)

I started thinking

Are we just making like a collab or are we also aiming for a piece of music that could work as a song?

Take this one for example
This is an excellent idea Ids! If we make a cohesive work, it will probably be more engaging for the viewer/listener and that way the people who were scared to participate because they don't know how to compose their own solo could participate as well because there is already a "base melody" to work from or something they could learn.

I was actually thinking that since we are gonna take our time to create a quality product, once we get to the composition/practice phase, it would be very beneficial if people constantly uploaded their works in progress to the riffs, so we can help each other polish our performances and our solos. So everyone presents their best.

Your idea interests me very much. Perhaps, someone could compose a "motiff" that people with less experience composing could learn. Like a question and answer melody. And the people who feel more confident coming up with their own part could have a bit more creative freedom.

For example: Dominik could play the question melody, then Alicia could play the answer melody, then Ed could play his original solo that is loosely based on the previews melody. (I only used those names as example cause Dominik & Alicia expressed they would feel uncomfortable coming up with their own solo.)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Your idea interests me very much. Perhaps, someone could compose a "motiff" that people with less experience composing could learn. Like a question and answer melody. And the people who feel more confident coming up with their own part could have a bit more creative freedom.
I wouldn't mind coming up with a melody.

I was also thinking you can let that motif come back a couple times but like change it slightly everytime or add harmonies to it every time it comes back.

Reactions: AGA and carlosmqr
*gulp*
Alicia Willis
Georgia 🍑 , USA
Beginner

I’m terrified but, I’ll give my best and worst case scenario you guys can just cut me out 👍🏻
If ya give me some simple power chords and a little palm muting I might can handle that lol.
We got your back Alicia! Once we get to the practice phase we're gonna post our parts to the riffs to help each other polish our performance before recording.